Choosing windows or Linux server

Basics of search engine optimization,what is the need of SEO,their advantages in marketing and more

Moderators: ushakumarik, DeviSri

ShyLikeElvis

Choosing windows or Linux server

Post by ShyLikeElvis »

At the time of purchasing a hosting as first you have to choose the platform of the hosting like Windows and Linux. Generally Linux Hosting is far cheaper then Windows. but this is completely dependent on your website development if your site is built using ASP then you have to choose windows server and using PHP then you have to choose Linux server. Many windows server supports Linux also for this you have to read their manual or package includes.
Last edited by ShyLikeElvis on Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hhheng

Windows or unix

Post by hhheng »

I hosted my website at Windows server, but when I tried to run a phpld directory on it, found that only unix server accepts phpld2. Now I'm hesitating whether to change the server or apply another domain.
siteadmin
Site Admin

Post by siteadmin »

thanks for sharing information elvis
braketech

Post by braketech »

One of the biggest differences between the Linux and Windows servers is security. Linux is built much more secure than Windows servers.Linux supports PHP and Windows generally supports ASP. Linux is generally more options.All website today currently use a Web server, Windows or Linux server-based applications.