Can't I Just Pay for a High Ranking?

Basics of search engine optimization,what is the need of SEO,their advantages in marketing and more

Moderators: ushakumarik, DeviSri

Freddy golls

Can't I Just Pay for a High Ranking?

Post by Freddy golls »

No. The biggest concern for search engine companies like Google and Yahoo is finding content that will bring them more traffic . In other words, their results must be relevant. Relevant results makes for a good search engine; irrelevant results makes for a short-lived search engine.

Most search engines these days return two types of results whenever you click Search:

Natural/Organic - The 'real' search results. The results that most users are looking for and which take up most of the window. For most searches, the search engine displays a long list of links to sites with content which is related to the word you searched for. These results are ranked according to how relevant and important they are.

Paid - Pure advertising. This is how the search engines make their money. Advertisers pay the search engines to display their ad whenever someone searches for a word which is related to their product or service. These ads look similar to the natural search results, but are normally labeled "Sponsored Links", and normally take up a smaller portion of the window.

Post by Guest »

hello freddy,

what are you trying to say, can you please explain, this look like copy paste contents to me :-)