Google's 30 position penalty!

Basics of search engine optimization,what is the need of SEO,their advantages in marketing and more

Moderators: ushakumarik, DeviSri

User 2

Google's 30 position penalty!

Post by User 2 »

I just learnt last week about Google's 30 position penalty, I'm sorry if you all already new about this but I found it totally fascinating that big G could impose such a thing. This guy who I do a bit of business showed me one of his sites that had been hit by this, priar to the site getting hit the site had many no.1 positions in Google, the guy came up with some sort of scam to get backlinks from Google, Google clocked on and they hit the site with a 30 position penalty, now even if you type in the exact domain name it will never rank above position 30, it ranks 30th for some well competitive phrases but it will never go above that no matter what, the site still has a PR5. As soon as the site got hit the guy removed the backlinks from Google, it has been 6 months now and Google still hasn't lifted the penalization.

Post by harrysmith »

IMO once you found and fixed the misdeed then you should file an reinclusion request at Google.
You can read more at : blog.webhosting.uk.com/2006/11/25/googles-minus-30-penalty

also what do you mean by “ removed backlinks from Google ” I don’t understand what do you mean.
siteadmin
Site Admin

Post by siteadmin »

This whole plus 30 penalty is completed automated. We had experience with some of our sites. It is difficult to find the exact cause if it happens to our site we do a complete check and see for potential problems if every thing is ok we just leave it as it is and the ranking returns back to where it was.
Gracia

Post by Gracia »

Well, it might be the sandbox (even if it has a page rank), seen it happen before in some cases.

Not sure though.