Is S E Submission Necessary as part of S E Optimization?

Basics of search engine optimization,what is the need of SEO,their advantages in marketing and more

Moderators: ushakumarik, DeviSri

Angelica

Is S E Submission Necessary as part of S E Optimization?

Post by Angelica »

I still see companies offering search engine submission as a service, but it’s not really necessary. You’d be better off spending your time and money on other Search Engine Optimization activities.

The reason search engine submission isn’t necessary is because every search engine has a spider, or bot, that crawls the Web constantly. The bot’s job is to crawl through links and analyze web pages so that the search engine can index them properly. In order to get the most out of that process, you need to understand what search engines look for. The following Search Engine Optimization elements are particularly important to ensure a good ranking at the search engines:

* Web page title tag
* Meta description
* Keywords meta tag
* Page heading
* Content on your web page
* Keywords
* Links between your website’s web pages
* Inbound links with relevant anchor text
* Alt tags
* Title attributes in your links
* Video description and alt tags

Getting ranked in the search engines is not about submitting your website. That used to be a big part of it, but it isn’t any longer. If you do all the right things on and off your web site then your pages will get ranked. You are much better off building links to your web site through blogging, article marketing, social bookmarking, and other link building and Search Engine Optimization efforts. Those inbound links, if placed strategically, will do more to get the search engines to your website to crawl it than any submissions ever will. I do, however, recommend directory submissions.
jazzmachine

Post by jazzmachine »

So you mean Search engine submission is not part of Search engine optimization any more?
Robert Davidson

Post by Robert Davidson »

Hi,
I totally agree with angelica..