30 Days To Google-Rank? How About One Week for S E O

Basics of search engine optimization,what is the need of SEO,their advantages in marketing and more

Moderators: ushakumarik, DeviSri

Angelica

30 Days To Google-Rank? How About One Week for S E O

Post by Angelica »

It has some great stuff in it, but you don’t have to wait 30 days to achieve Google rank. You can do it in less than a week. Here are some real gems and tips for getting ranked at Google within 30 days:

Build your own or move to Wordpress. Wordpress is a blog platform that’s open source (free), robust, extensible and easy to use. Add Feedburner, which equips site owners to broadcast RSS feeds and develop user metrics. Next, synch up Google Analytics and a sitemap plug-in to simplify populating the blog and developing useful, actionable metrics. Also, make sure your blog is pinging www.technoratti.com and other social-ranking sites like www.digg.com.

Yes, WordPress is the king of blogging platforms. I wouldn’t build a blog without it. I would add to all of this that you should include the AddThis plugin and put an AddThis icon in your sidebar as well as at the bottom of every post.

Remember Search Engine Optimization basics. Use provocative, keyword-rich title tags, meta keywords and descriptions, and only link to high-quality sites. Never over do it. Keep your posts relevant, natural, accurate and, above all, current.

Every blog post you write is a separate web page. Just as you would Search Engine Optimization a web page, Search Engine Optimize your blog posts too. Pick keywords that you will focus on for every blog post and write your blog with those keywords in mind. Don’t stuff your blog posts with keywords, but do write with keywords in mind.

Submit your URL to blog directories. There are “best of the web,” and paid directories, like Yahoo, and free directories like the Open Directory project at www.dmoz.org. Every directory listing is another link to your site and another way visitors can find you. Just google them to find more.

DMOZ isn’t going to get you there in 30 days. Chances are you won’t even get listed at DMOZ for at least six months from the day that you submit your blog. That’s not to say that you shouldn’t submit your blog there. Just don’t expect it to help you any time soon. That said, there are hundreds of blog directories out there to join. My favorite are MyBlogLog, BlogCatalog, and BlogHub. There are a lot more. Just Google ‘em.

Create blog categories that contain keywords, i.e., Ecommerce, Search Engine Optimization Journal, Affiliates, etc. for use with a “site hosting” or “site design” blog.

Absolutely! Every blog category is useful for helping you rank. Using keywords in your category names will boost your Search Engine Optimization and get you crawled a lot faster.

Content quality counts. Research topics about which target readers want to learn. Write something new, useful and relevant. And don’t forget to regularly update older posts. Things change fast on the web so last year’s “next big thing” is this year’s hackneyed cliché.

Another big point. Quality of content is always one of your most important elements, whether we are talking about blog content or website content.

Ensure the blog is optimized for Technoratti. Claim your blog, set an avatar and pings, use tags where appropriate and be sure to ping various blog tracking sites.

Increase your ping list to more than just one website. Technorati is good, but it isn’t the only gig in town. There are over 50 ping sites you can join. Get the list. Start with Pingomatic.com. It’s a great way to get the word out about your website. And I would add that you should join a few syndication networks as well.

Ignore Alexa. A lot of new site owners rely on Alexa for site metrics but remember, Alexa is a popularity metric since only Alexa toolbar users contribute data – and that’s a less-than-universal test population.

I agree. Alexa is way over rated. The only people who use it are people who don’t know it’s over rated or don’t care. Most people don’t use it. That’s reason enough right there not to rely on Alexa.

Build credibility. Publishing authorities on your site’s topicality usually does the trick. Once blog credibility is established, identify trends, solve new problems and gradually expand the topic range of your blog.

When you build credibility into your blog posts the traffic will naturally come. People want to read the best, the latest, the most provocative. Interview a celebrity and you will see a rise in your traffic in no time from the Search Engine Optimization.

I can narrow this list down to three things:

* Quality Content
* Great Search Engine Optimization
* Linkability

Content will get your readers coming back over and over again. Great Search Engine Optimization will get the spiders to your website to crawl it. Linkability will encourage other bloggers and webmasters to link to you, which will get the spiders to your blog more often and more traffic from those other bloggers.

These things apply equally well to static websites. Stick with the basics and you can’t go wrong.

One final note: At the beginning of this blog post I said you can do it in about a week. You absolutely must get links to your blog on Day 1. It is imperative that you get crawled quickly in order to appear in the search engines quickly. Here’s how you can do that:

* If you own other websites, link to your blog from those sites on the first day, even if the sites are not relevant. Don’t nofollow them. You’re going to remove the links before it matters. Right now all you want to do is link to the blog to get it crawled. Linking from a site that gets crawled on a regular basis and that has already built up authority will get you crawled much quicker.
* Build a blogroll from Day 1. Link to other blogs within your niche and when you do send an e-mail message letting them know that you’ve linked to them and that you’d like a link back. Most bloggers will return the link. If you do that with enough relevant blogs within your niche and with a variety of authority statuses then you will get crawled and ranked quickly.
* Comment on other blogs within your niche. Especially comment on high traffic and high authority blogs within your niche. Even if those blogs use nofollow links in their comments, you’ll still get traffic and the more traffic you get the more it will help you with your Search Engine Optimization efforts.
* Links are very important. Start building them as soon as you can. Even before your site goes live, if possible. I’ve seen websites and blogs get crawled on the first day because links were built to a parked site before it was live. If you own several websites and you have a domain name parked then I believe your authority from your other sites will benefit you. Start linking early and when you go live you’ll see your authority rise faster.
jazzmachine

Post by jazzmachine »

Do we need a seperate server for wordpress? Also Dmoz takes a long time to accep sites is there a way to speed up the process?