Okay, so, what am I doing wrong

Basics of search engine optimization,what is the need of SEO,their advantages in marketing and more

Moderators: ushakumarik, DeviSri

hochusure

Okay, so, what am I doing wrong

Post by hochusure »

So, I've designed my pages for humans and not for search engines. My site architecture is a bit complex, but every page is within three clicks of the home page and I have no hidden or tricky links. While my HTML is messy (an artifact of the editor I'm using), it does validate. I'm not knowingly using any Search Engine Spam techniques; the keywords in my meta tags are all relevant to the content. I generate new sitemaps twice a month and upload them to Google religiously. My site is not static; I try to add new content at least once a week. Finally, my content is by and large unique; so far I haven't found a single site out there doing what I'm doing on anything close to the same scale I am, even though I'm still less than halfway to where I want to be eventually.
And still, Google doesn't seem to know that I exist.
Oh, my main page is indexed; you can google on my website title and the home page comes up. But, so far, none of the primary content (the timetables) seems to be indexed. Using Google's webmaster tools to check my site, only three pages (out of 58) even show up at all and one is a test page which has long since been relocated. And while one timetable does show as being indexed, a google on "timetable Mobile Noxapater" (which should show a hit) returns just nine results, none of which are in any way associated with my site.
Back when I was working out the kinks in my CSS formatting (with the kind help of the members of this forum), the test page did show up on Google's list and in fact, according to my web logs, I got several hits on it as the result of Google searches. But for the past two months--nada. Yahoo is showing several of my pages, as is MSN, but so far I have almost completely managed to elude Google's notice.
I'm not going to obsess over my page rank; as I said, my content is unique enough that it should make a strong showing in any suitably targeted search. But if it's not in their index at all--then what do I do?
Standing by for suggestions, I am...

:roll:
jazzmachine

Post by jazzmachine »

hi,

From what I can understand from your posting everything looks fine with your site, How long as your site been online like if its a relatively new site its gonna take time to be indexed and ranked in Search Engines,

Your seems to be doing everything right dont worry that you might accidentally spam the search engines. If you feel you are doing everything right in search engine optimization then you are fine I recommend you continue what you are doing with SEO,
braketech

Post by braketech »

Yes, SEO is not an easy work. If you do it in a appropriate way it will help you most. Proper SEO work can give you a healthy long term result for your online business.