keyword density

Basics of search engine optimization,what is the need of SEO,their advantages in marketing and more

Moderators: ushakumarik, DeviSri

robseolas

keyword density

Post by robseolas »

Hi all,

My view on keyword density

Keyword density is a tricky thing. There is no absolute figure for choosing the right keyword density. I use a guide of about 5% then adjust accordingly. What's an acceptable percentage of keywords for one thing may not be the same as another topic. I would say the best guide is to use a keyword density tool and check the top 10 websites to find out the keyword density of each site. I've found in the past that my pages had too high a keyword density at 5-6% and dropping them slightly had a big positive impact on my organic listings.

I want to know your opinion on keyword density. Please give your feed back.
myiarts0

Post by myiarts0 »

Keyword Density is still important but no where as
important as it used to be. As a general rule you should mention your
keyword early and often, then a few times through the body of the text
and then once again near the end. About 2% (1-3%) keyword density is
a good figure to aim for. If you just write around your topic or key phrase
normally you should get pretty close to this figure. The idea is for it to
read normally or naturally. You should be creating content for your visitors, Not the search engines, by doing this funnily enough you will be rewarded well by the search engines.

The last thing you want is keyword stuffed text, otherwise you run the risk of being penalized for a too higher keyword density.
Jenie0109

Post by Jenie0109 »

Keyword Density is the measurement of how frequently any given keyword appears within a web page. Too high a density can result in a web page being classified as spam while too low a density will cause a page to not be indexed as well for the given keyword.
abiaabida

Post by abiaabida »

Hi Buddy!!!

How can i use keywords in my site articles...??? then how can check i choose and wrote right keywords in my article... reply me soon ...meet again...
jaikanth123

Post by jaikanth123 »

Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears on a web page compared to the total number of words on the page. In the context of search engine optimization keyword density can be used as a factor in determining whether a web page is relevant to a specified keyword or keyword phrase.
smqh336

Post by smqh336 »

keyword early and often, then a few times through the body of the text
and then once again near the end. About 2% (1-3%) keyword density is
a good figure to aim for. If you just write around your topic or key phrase
normally you should get pretty close to this figure. The idea is for it to
read normally or naturally. You should be creating content for your visitors, Not the search engines, by doing this funnily enough you will be rewarded well by the search engines.
josiebourne

Post by josiebourne »

Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears on a web page compared to the total number of words on the page. In the context of search engine optimization keyword density can be used as a factor in determining whether a web page is relevant to a specified keyword or keyword phrase.
leonardorichi

Post by leonardorichi »

A measure of the amount of matter contained by a given volume; The ratio of one quantity to that of another quantity; The probability that an event will occur, as a function of some observed variable.
Keyword Density is the percentage of occurrence of your keywords to the text in the rest of your webpage.
Jack22

Re:

Post by Jack22 »

According to me,3% Density will be the perfect.I am deciding arroding that.
sarahalberta1

Post by sarahalberta1 »

I think so we should not use exact keyword density because search engines bots can tackle us for this and gives us not rank.... :)
abbysmith11

Post by abbysmith11 »

keyword density is a percentage or ratio of keywords in content in other words how many times a keyword repeats in your content is called keyword density
nadeeshasmith

Post by nadeeshasmith »

How many times a keyword on a web page is called keyword density
Brunocalvert

Post by Brunocalvert »

Keyword Density is a process which checks the percentage of the particular keywords or the phrase on the web page as compare to all other keywords in the same web page.From which you will get the idea that how the page is related with the particular keyword.
Neetasha

Keyword density

Post by Neetasha »

Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears.On a webpage compared to the total no. of words on the page.Keyword density can be used as a factor in determining whether a webpage is relevant to a specified keyword.
austinhomes

Post by austinhomes »