SEO job opportunity too good to be true?

Basics of search engine optimization,what is the need of SEO,their advantages in marketing and more

Moderators: ushakumarik, DeviSri

confused.com!

SEO job opportunity too good to be true?

Post by confused.com! »

Hi! Im new to this site and thought I would say hi and get your opinion please... I am a 26yr old female based in the UK. I have a degree in Media with Cultural studies and have been branching off slightly from this and doing a course in Dreamweaver and Flash which I am thoroughly enjoying.

After researching Web jobs, I quite like the idea of an SEO but dont have any experience in this. I have found a company called Kalmindon. They will train you in SEO and say they guarantee you a job at the end of it.
Issue I have is that I need to pay £2500 for this training. This would be fine if I was to be guaranteed a job at the end of it.... but how do I know if they are pulling my leg. The salary of an SEO sounds fab and in theory if I was to get a job at the end of it, the £2500 could be replenished very quickly.
Do you think this sounds too good to be true?! the website looks legitimate - pcworkfromhome.co.uk

Any advice on SEO jobs or this offer would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Kerry
siteadmin
Site Admin

Post by siteadmin »

Sounds like a decent offer but the price is too much
Seann

Post by Seann »

hi

i have found the same thing. it looks good and have not found any negative press about it. still a little unsure as £2500 is quite a bit to part with. have you met with them or anything yet?

seann
ellehc

Post by ellehc »

Sounds good but I think there's other way to learn seo that you don't need to pay much.
bangthatdrum

Post by bangthatdrum »

yes it is too good..

www.kalmindon-seo.co.uk/blog/
markdavids

Post by markdavids »

A lot of SEO Company has free online training about SEO. Just be keen enough to do some research, there are huge resources over the web rather than paying much.
TheSirgke

SEO guarantee

Post by TheSirgke »

Hi confused.com!,

It is good that you intend to venture in to SEO. The first thing that should be clear in your mind is giving SEO guarantee once you become a pro and jobs start streaming in. Most SEO "experts" don't do this but as a SEO professional you should because basically SEO job is a strategy job; when one strategy fails you should switch to another. This way you can proudly give guarantees.
BOBO

Post by BOBO »

Wisdom in the mind is better than money in the hand.
BOBO

Post by BOBO »

Wisdom in the mind is better than money in the hand.