Keyword Density

Basics of search engine optimization,what is the need of SEO,their advantages in marketing and more

Moderators: ushakumarik, DeviSri

lahmanwokard

Keyword Density

Post by lahmanwokard »

Hi all,
I have written some content for my site, I just want to ask how much keyword density is important nowadays? How search engines accommodate keyword density?
Another important question is that keyword density should be maintained exactly as that of keyword, like for example if I have title like "Questions and Answers on Automobiles" and I have maintained keyword density in content like "Automobiles questions", will the search engine give preference to exact density match as used in keyword or it will also give importance to the 2nd scenario. Or in case if I have separated the keywords like "get questions on automobiles". Can I use this last scenario for maintaining keyword density.
In the end I would simply ask, whether it is important or not to maintain keyword density in content.
Hope you would understand what I am trying to say
jaikanth123

Post by jaikanth123 »

Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears on a web page compared to the total number of words on the page. In the context of search engine optimization keyword density can be used as a factor in determining whether a web page is relevant to a specified keyword or keyword phrase.
lupinesteve

Post by lupinesteve »

Keyword density is the number of times a work or phrase appears on a web page in comparison with the total number of words on that page. keyword density is very important but not to exceed a certain number of your page theme keywords in the body of your content.
ghanistha

Post by ghanistha »

Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or a word appear in the webpage to the total number of words in that webpage. It should be 4-5% in an content.
heenakapoor

Post by heenakapoor »

Keyword density is a ratio, how many times you use your targeted keywords in web content. You should keep your keyword density limit between 3%-5%. It is a important factor in promotion of your website because if you use your targeted keywords more then the limit, your content will come in keyword stuffing and it is a black hat seo technique. Search engines don't allow to use it and if your it, your website may be penalized or banned.
zeorgethomas

Re:

Post by zeorgethomas »

Keyword Density just means what percentage of your content consists of your target keywords. So if you want someone to search Google for "dog grooming tips" to find your blog on dog grooming (for example), your main keyword would be "dog grooming tips". So if 18 out of 200 words in the main content on your website's homepage are part of the phrase "dog grooming tips", then you have a 9% keyword density.
carlos22

Post by carlos22 »

It refers to the number of times your keyword or keyword phrase appears on the page. Example, if you have a Web page with exactly 300 words on it including all headlines, captions, alt text, and advertising, and you have a keyword phrase that is on the page 20 times, your keyword density is 30%
adumpaul

Post by adumpaul »

Keyword density is important because search engines use this information to categorize a site's theme, and to determine which terms the site is relevant to. The perfect keyword density will help achieve higher search engine positions. Keyword density needs to be balanced correctly.
meganbrown

Post by meganbrown »

Keyword Density plays an important role. Generally its between 3 to 5% is recommended but not more than this otherwise it will look like keyword stuffing which is considered as black hat techniques and for this we might get penalty by search engine.
jordenstive

Post by jordenstive »

Keyword density is expressed as a percentage of the total word count on a given page. Currently, search engines prefer a keyword density of 1 to 3 percent. Also, keyword density is still an important factor in how an article or a webpage is ranked.
petersmith85

Post by petersmith85 »

Keyword density tools also make it extremely easy to identify the search terms that your competitors are using on their pages, and more importantly the search terms they are targeting. With the keyword density tool, you can easily see exactly where each term is used on a page, the number of times the term is used, if the term appears in the meta tags or links, and if the term is used in heading tags.
engagedotscrm

Post by engagedotscrm »

Keyword density means frequent usage of keywords, we must maintain 3.3 % keyword density in a content. Too much of keywords would be considered as keyword stuffing.
mamounlc.mlc

Re:

Post by mamounlc.mlc »

Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears on a web page compared to the total number of words on the page. In the context of search engine optimization keyword density can be used as a factor in determining whether a web page is relevant to a specified keyword or keyword phrase.