What are the two types of SEO?

Basics of search engine optimization,what is the need of SEO,their advantages in marketing and more

Moderators: ushakumarik, DeviSri

Maddy

What are the two types of SEO?

Post by Maddy »

Currently I am working hard in learning the SEO strategies and the different types of it at the same time. I have recently come to know about the two terms which are Black Hat SEO and White Hat SEO. Bur I have not been able to get the full details about it. That will be really helpful if you can give me information about these two types. I have just come to know that the Black Hat SEO strategy must be avoided but I don’t know the exact reason behind it. This is extremely important for me to know about all these because I am thinking about launching my own website very soon. Please help me out.
kiruthika

Post by kiruthika »

It is of two types:
1. On page SEO: worked on meta tags and errors.
2. Off page SEO: some tools and methods used to increase the ranking and traffic of a site.
eswari

Post by eswari »

Stuffing or spamming your Meta tags does nothing for your search results except flag your site as one using black hat SEO...
There are many ways to hide content on your site. All of them are black hat SEO methods.
lizatailor23

Re:

Post by lizatailor23 »

The two main types of SEO are: White Hat SEO and Black Hat SEO. Also, there is one more type of SEO and that is Grey Hat SEO, which can be said as combination of White Hat SEO and Black Hat SEO.
C.Rebecca

Post by C.Rebecca »

Black-hat are considered bad because they are unethical and something that’s designed to deceive search engines. Black-hat techniques like cloaking, hidden text, door-way pages etc may sound lucrative initially but if you continue employing this shotgun approach, you will be wiped off from search results over the long haul. Search engines want you to employ ethical means to shoot high in search results!
donjon

Post by donjon »

i think on and off page optimization both are very much important if u miss one part then u will never get good pr in google
buddinggourmet

Post by buddinggourmet »

there are two types of SEO. offpage SEO and onpgae SEO. in onpage, we work on site itself like its content, title tag, meta description, keywords, regular updation of site's content etc, while in offpgae SEO, we use link building techniques like directory submission, social bookmarking, article submission, forum posting, blog creation, blog commenting etc.)
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

Im also aware of such 2 types of SEO as on-page and off-page seo. Both of them are very important in promotion of your website.
mariyacharles

Post by mariyacharles »

There are two type of SEO
1. On Page SEO
2. Off page SEO
On page SEO worked of meta tag, title tag etc. It is specially seen on page factor of your index page, set your keyword rankings. and off page words in the web page URL, title tags, meta tags, headlines, sub headlines, keyword density, words start page, page content, words that are bold in touch , words, site navigation, website link structure and a number of other reasons.
outsourcefirm

Post by outsourcefirm »

The two major kinds of SEO are: Bright Hat SEO and Dark-colored Hat SEO. Also, there is one more form of SEO and that is Greyish Hat SEO, which can be said as collaboration of Bright Hat SEO and Dark-colored Hat SEO.
forkwatson

Post by forkwatson »

There are two types of seo On page SEO and OFF Page SEO. Both are doing for site up gradation but in On Page the work done in the site and in Off Page SEO the work done on other site.
harrismaxy

Post by harrismaxy »

SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.In the seo,there two type of SEO
1.On Page.
In the On Page worked on meta tags and errors.
2.Off Page.
In the Off Page some tools and methods used to increase the ranking and traffic of a site.
celinaaniston86

Post by celinaaniston86 »

Following are the types of seo:

- White Hat SEO
- Black Hat SEO
- Grey Hat SEO.
KalvinMartin

SEO optimization processes

Post by KalvinMartin »

In SEO processes there are two set of optimization as available.
• Off page optimization
• On page optimization
On page optimization: It covers what can done on the page of the website itself[website building]
Off page optimization: It covers activities that take place elsewhere like link building, directory submission, article submission, bookmarking and press release etc…
RichardSmith

Post by RichardSmith »

Hi there,

Basically there are two types of SEO like Black hat SEO and white hat SEO.

Thanks a lot
Richard Smith