Is Reciprocal Linking Dead?

Basics of search engine optimization,what is the need of SEO,their advantages in marketing and more

Moderators: ushakumarik, DeviSri

AuroINSEO111

Is Reciprocal Linking Dead?

Post by AuroINSEO111 »

Hello friends,

Is there truth to the rumors that Reciprocal linking is dead. I've heard that google will now punish you for continuing Reciprocal link trading. Any response from you will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Internet marketing New York
eswari

Post by eswari »

"Reciprocal links provides very little value compared to non reciprocal links or one way links for that matter."

I just don't buy that. Let's think this through for a second. If that was true, and say I was linking to a powerful site such as this one and suddenly they found my content and linked back... my one way link to them suddenly became a near useless reciprocal link. But hey, I can fix that by removing my link to them so I get a very powerful one-way link to me. That's the scenario that would play out if reciprocal links were useless or near useless.

Like anything, links must be in the proper context. There is a right and wrong way to get reciprocal links and they should not be your only link strategy, as Debra pointed out. It's only a part of the big picture.
lizatailor23

Re:

Post by lizatailor23 »

Reciprocal links are still alive, but although their still alive their more like dead, Bottom line is that, Reciprocal links provides very little value compared to non reciprocal links or one way links for that matter.
heenakapoor

Post by heenakapoor »

Reciprocal link build is not dead but it is use very few in present because it is helpful only build quality backlinks. It is not helpful to increase the traffic of your website. There are many techniques in One way link building, which use for build quality backlinks and they helpful in increase the traffic of your website.