Disadvantages of Link Building

Basics of search engine optimization,what is the need of SEO,their advantages in marketing and more

Moderators: ushakumarik, DeviSri

husbusi

Post by husbusi »

Chances of reduced sales – With reciprocal links method, you are encouraging your visitors to visit the other relevant websites/companies. This will lead to reduce your sales or services as they are navigating to other websites.
Time-Consuming – This is the time-consuming process because getting the sufficient number of inbound links to increase your website PR takes many months/years.
Neetasha

Disadvantages of link building

Post by Neetasha »

Disadvantages of Link building:
1. Chances of reduced sales
2. Time-Consuming
3. Webmaster is necessary
4. Low inbound links PR reduces website PR
Cheap Canada Goose

Post by Cheap Canada Goose »

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the good work.
amitmax

Post by amitmax »

I don't think link building has any disadvantage.It is always helpful to improve search engine ranking,website traffic and business leads.Yes,if we will not do quality link building only in that case it can harm our website ranking,So always keep focus on quality link building and get some exposure from it.
Thanks
hannahraasch

Post by hannahraasch »

Link building is a very effective tool that decides the rank of your website in the search engines.Link building is only beneficial if it is done with some proposed matrices.Only relevant and quality links will be able to make their way in the results quality.
lizatailor23

Re:

Post by lizatailor23 »

Link building is the process to show website quality, how many websites are linked to your website. Ranking at search engine is also depend on links to your website on particular keywords.
racheltaylor

RE :

Post by racheltaylor »

I appreciate you for sharing such a useful information.
All the disadvantages would be very helpful for SEO beginners like me.
Thanks !
robinhood005

Post by robinhood005 »

Create a process to reflect the quality of the Web site. Number of sites linking to your site. Ranking on the search engine depends on the link to your site on a certain keyword.
harrismaxy

Post by harrismaxy »

This is the time-consuming process because getting the sufficient number of inbound links to increase your website PR takes many months/years.If you get the low PR inbound links unknowingly, then it will decrease your website PR. So, we should be very careful while getting inbound links.
shophia

Post by shophia »

Link building is the process/practice of getting links from other websites to your website.But link building have some disadvantages. They are define as below.

1. This is the time consuming procedure because the enough number of inbound links to your site boost PR many months/years.
2. If you obtain the low PR incoming links your site PR automatically, than so must, we will decrease. Very careful during getting inbound links.
RichardSmith

Post by RichardSmith »

Chances of reduced sales - With reciprocal links method, you are encouraging your visitors to visit the other relevant websites/companies. This will lead to reduce your sales or services as they are navigating to other websites.

Time-Consuming - This is the time-consuming process because getting the sufficient number of inbound links to increase your website PR takes many months/years.

Webmaster is necessary - Webmaster is necessary to manage the link building process because it needs more follow-ups and of busy schedule of website owners.

Low inbound links PR reduces website PR - If you get the low PR inbound links unknowingly, then it will decrease your website PR. So, we should be very careful while getting inbound links.

Thanks and Regards

Richard Smith
zeorgethomas

Re:

Post by zeorgethomas »

Link building forum can be very advantageous. It can also be disadvantageous.
- Time consuming.
- Most high traffic sites will not participate in reciprocal linking.
- Other sites may accuse you of spamming when you request to reciprocate links.
- Many sites now require the completion of lengthy link application forms.
- Requires follow up.
- Quality links are also not effective enough. Rarely would you get quality linking though automated links building.
etskulls

Post by etskulls »

If you research low competitive keyword then you may not have to build links to your website, link building is needed for competition mainly.
Last edited by etskulls on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
essaysk

Post by essaysk »

Anywhere you put links of your site, it would give benefit so I think there is no disadvantage of link building, I think as well.
marketpros

Post by marketpros »

Well disadvantages or not, link building is a necessary evil!