SEO The Things To Avoid

Basics of search engine optimization,what is the need of SEO,their advantages in marketing and more

Moderators: ushakumarik, DeviSri

vistadivine.com

SEO The Things To Avoid

Post by vistadivine.com »

Don't use the same Title Tag throughout your site. Try using a unique Title tag for each web page and use your most important keywords in the Title tags that hold theme relevance to that page.

Don't use any other META tags such as author, date, etc. unless you absolutely need it. This will just increase your page size and will not do any good to your site.

Most major engines cannot read frames so I will advice you that you don't use it but If you must use frames, include important body text within a <no frames> tag.

Avoid using completely Flash designs because a majority of major engines can't index flash sites and Flash sites take some time to open fully so it my be frustrating for visitors who don't use a broadband to wait hours for the site to open.

Avoid using JavaScripts or JavaScript links. Spiders cannot crawl links in Java Script so its better that you don't use JavaScripts but if you must use it then make sure that you use a text link at the bottom of each page.

Keyword stuffing: Keyword stuffing refers to the extremely repetition of a keyword when it is not even needed. Many people stuff keywords in their pages in order to increase their keyword density and thus get a high ranking. But be careful as I said its very very risky please don't try this it may get you banned.

Invisible or Tiny text: Many webmasters use tiny text and invisible text in order to rank high by showing lots of text to search engines but at the same time making it invisible for the humans this also viewed as spam.
Never submit more than the allowed number of pages per engine per day or week. Each search engine has a limit and exceeding their limits can be seen as spamming the search engines.

Do not participate in link farms or link exchange programs. Search Engines have identified them as spam and they don't want you to use it.
Don't use "&id=" parameter if you want maximal Googlebot crawlage (many sites use "&id=" with session ID's that Googlebot usually avoids URL's with that parameter).

Don't stuff your page with keywords and no content. The search engines will penalize you for this and view your page as spam.

Do not put redirects or META refresh tags on your page for any reason. They will get your pages banned from the search engines. A common trick used to be to create a page 100% text and highly search engine friendly but of 0% user value, then have a redirect to the real page. This doesn't work anymore - avoid it.

Always remember to use navigation menu at the right side of each page of your site, why? because search engines count the first few phrases appearing on the page, this way you would provide the search engines the content first.

Make your site is search engine friendly. Its no use having the best site in the world which no one can find. And for every one's sake don't mess around with hidden layers to get a high listing on the engines. It is JUST NOT worth the risk!

Don't link to a bad neighbor, because linking to a bad neighborhood can get your site banned from the search engines as soon as his site gets banned by the search engine the search engine may ban you also. Click here to know more on bad neighborhood.

Akash Kumar
siteadmin
Site Admin

Post by siteadmin »

GOOD seo post akash keep posting. Keep upthe good work.
Gracia

Post by Gracia »

Here are five things you must avoid to prevent getting in trouble with the search engines:

1. Never Keyword Spam

Don’t spam or hide your pages with the keywords you are attempting to target. Search engines are smarter nowadays and can smell your intentions from afar. If they think you are spamming, your site could be penalized badly in the rankings or even removed from their listings.

2. Don’t Use Frames

Websites which have frames are also unfriendly to search engines and will prevent from getting a good ranking. Try to avoid using frames whenever possible. A good tip is to add and between the “Head” tags.

3. Don’t Use Flash Or Javascript

If possible, refrain from using Flash or Javascript elements. These dynamic scripts don’t contain much content in terms of words and the search engines generally do not like them. If in doubt, always put content ahead of fancy graphics or effects. Besides, your visitors will love you for it.

4. Don’t Submit Your Site Too Often

A few people I know, who after finding that their site was not indexed after one week, re-submitted their site to the search engines. This is not recommended! If you do this too often, the search engines will think you are spamming.

5. Never Use Unrelated Keywords In Your Meta Tags

If you are selling sofa sets, don’t place the name of a popular person or product in your “Keywords” meta tag. Some webmasters use popular keywords in their metatags in an attempt to attract more traffic, but this does not work, as the search engines only look at their relevance to your web page. If you sell sofas, place only words related to sofas in your meta tag.
slim fast

Post by slim fast »

THE SOUTH BEACH DIET

Are you tired of trying different diet plans, with no positive results? Turn to South Beach Diet. This is not a traditional low-carb plan. What makes it different is that here you'll be encouraged to choose the right carbs like whole grains, certain fruits and vegetables and right fats like olive and canola oil and lean sources of protein. When you eat bad carbohydrates and fats you tend to feel hungrier and thus you end up eating more causing weight gain.ASK DR.SMITH

Good carbohydrates: They have a low glycemic index so they can be digested and absorbed slowly. They are high in fiber or high in good fats. You should also eat fiber or fat to slow digestion of the carbohydrates. Good fats: They are polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats, especially those with omega-3 fatty acids. Saturated and trans fats are bad fats.
How does it work?

South Beach Diet was created a well known cardiologist, Dr. Arthur Agatston. He developed this diet for his cardiac patients after a lot of scientific dieting research. The best thing about this diet is that you will get your three, normal size meals everyday and you can even enjoy your snacks and deserts. In just a short amount of time you will see incredible results. So you can not only enjoy your favorite foods but you can also put your fear of getting fat to rest.ASK DR.SMITH

According to Dr.Agatston, when you consume bad carbohydrates especially those found in foods with a high Glycemic index, they create an insulin resistance syndrome which is an impairment of the hormone insulin's ability to properly process fat or sugar and not only this, bad carbohydrates also increase the chances of getting cardiovascular disease.Therfore his diet includes the consumption of good fats and good carbohydrates.ASK DR.SMITH
The three phases South Beach Diet:

This diet works in phases, the first two for a specific timeframe and the third phase for life.

Phase I -You will eat normal-size portions of lean meat, fish, eggs, reduced-fat cheese, nonfat yogurt, nuts, and plenty of vegetables including snacks and desserts. This will last for two weeks. You would have to high or moderately high-glycemic carbs so that you eliminate insulin resistance .This way the body will lose its insulin resistance, and thus use excess body fat, causing the dieter to lose between 8 and 13 pounds.ASK DR.SMITH

Phase II- Whole grain foods and fruits will be reintroduced in your diet, although in smaller amounts than were likely eaten before beginning the diet, and with a continued emphasis on foods with a low glycemic index. You should continue to lose weight until you reach the desired weight. Phase III- This begins when you reach the desired weight. Here you will continue to make good eating choices which would include three servings of whole grains and three servings of fruit a day.ASK DR.SMITH
Effective way to slim fast:

This diet puts emphasis on changing your way of eating and variety of foods. It discourages eating of very refined processed foods, high-fat meats, and saturated fats in general. Agatston says that you should eat until you are satisfied and you do not have to count calories. You just have to eat the right food that is good carbs and fats. By decreasing the intake of bad carbs, it will help you metabolize what you eat more effectively and improves insulin resistance as well leading to weight loss.ASK DR.SMITH
slim fast

weight-watcher

Post by slim fast »

<a href="http://www.fairdiet.com">Weight Watchers </a>recipe cards from 1974</em></strong>
</center>
<p>I found them while helping my parents clean out their basement a few years ago. They were neatly arranged in their own plastic file box. Plenty of the dishes seemed normal enough, but as I flipped through them, some of the recipes began to alarm me. And then I found the card for theRosy Perfection Salad <a href="http://www.fairdiet.com/weight-watcher.php">weight watcher </a></p>
<p>I fell over. Like I Iaughed so hard I started coughing and I fell back on the floor and I waved the card at my mom, who just rolled her eyes.Can I please have these?Please?I begged. What do you want them for? she asked. To cook?;No, I said. She let me have them. I think they might have been my grandma's, but she never copped to actually buying them. Nobody else did, either.<a href="http://www.fairdiet.com/">the weight watcher </a></p>
<p>These cards mystify me. None of them have calorie or nutrition information of any kind, and in some instances it's hard to tell what's dietetic about the recipes at all, except that they're unspeakably grim. And yet also, completely insane. They appear to be from a much kookier era of Weight Watchers. There's a certain serve-it-at- your-next-key-party freakiness to a lot of these dishes.</p>
<p>Dehydrated onion flakes are in almost everything here. Apparently Weight Watchers dieticians depended heavily on dried onion flakes, and pimientos, too.<a href="http://www.fairdiet.com/weihgt-watcher.php">weight</a> watcher </p>
<p>They also had a prop department that was clearly out of control. Oh, you'll see.</p>
<p>As far as I know, I was never served any of these dishes as a child. I probably would have repressed the memory, anyway.</p>
jackshobs

Post by jackshobs »

There are many things that should be avoided in SEO some of which are described below:

- Do not have a same title element on every page.
- Avoid using JavaScripts or JavaScript links.
- Do not participate in link farms or link exchange programs.
- Don't stuff your page with keywords and no content.
- Don't start trading link with every site
lizatailor23

Re:

Post by lizatailor23 »

That was a good discussion. I learn some tips and advices.
nishir

Post by nishir »

Thanks for sharing, it is very useful to me, and I learn a lot from it. Looking for more of your post.
robinhood005

Post by robinhood005 »

Don ' t use the same Title tag throughout the site. Try the tag Title, unique to each Web page and use the keywords that are very important for the tag Title, which is an important topic on this page.