What is difference between htm and html

Basics of search engine optimization,what is the need of SEO,their advantages in marketing and more

Moderators: ushakumarik, DeviSri

donjon

What is difference between htm and html

Post by donjon »

What is difference between html and html? and which extent ion is SEO friendly?
eswari

Post by eswari »

Bot htm and html are same,the only difference is the letter "l"..
html version is SEO friendly..
Neetasha

what is the difference between htm and html

Post by Neetasha »

No, there is no difference. .HTM I think comes from the Lxnux world and .HTML from windows.Both are accepted and both mean the same, only difference was a early difference in what is allowed for names... something that no longer means anything really.
There isn't one, .htm is just an old form from when file extensions were limited to three characters. Either .htm or .html will work perfectly fine, but for future-proofing sake I'd stick with .html. But html is seo friendly
osirus30

Post by osirus30 »

I heard that there basically the same thing. Which one has the greater SEO value?
electra

Post by electra »

Basically no difference, just one less letter. All modern browsers treat the two file extensions the same.
Colpini

Post by Colpini »

There isn't one, .htm is just an old form from when file extensions were limited to three characters. Either .htm or .html will work perfectly fine, but for future-proofing sake I'd stick with .html.
Atcomaartb2b
Location: 3 Floor Vaghela House, Nr Havmor Resturant, Navrangpura

Post by Atcomaartb2b »

There is no difference between this two. They both are working same.
merryscanlan

Post by merryscanlan »

There is no difference between HTM and HTML file. HTM extension exactly as it would a file with an HTML extension, and vice versa.
jimmystalon

Post by jimmystalon »

There is great difference between .htm and .html extensions. Everyone think there is no difference but something is hide here. Using DOS we can't give more than 3 letter/character extension and when we execute the file from DOS we can't execute the file if it's extension contains more than 3 characters. So we use .htm in earlier time. But nowadays all systems support .html extension. so in preferred to use .htm extension not .html because .htm is supported either old systems and new systems.