Do Internal Links To Homepage Matter?

Basics of search engine optimization,what is the need of SEO,their advantages in marketing and more

Moderators: ushakumarik, DeviSri

ArturJr

Post by ArturJr »

I just did a link:competitiordotcom on google, and it shows a lot of backlinks from the internal pages of the competitors site to theiw own homepage. Just wondering, are these links relevant (other than from a user's navigation point of view) in terms of seo, and does google give credit to sites for these links?
siteadmin
Site Admin

Post by siteadmin »

Google dont show real backlinks to a site. if you want to know backlink data of your competitor site check yahoo or MSN. What shows there is the real ones.

Internal links are not as effective as external links since most of the links dont pass good pagerank or quality link popularity
Gracia

Post by Gracia »

They do count, But not as much as links from other sites.
electra

Post by electra »

i think search engines look for web pages rather than websites.
the web pages that have good incoming links will be weighted high while the pages that have less links will be weighted low.
so, internal links are also relevant to SEO.
especially when the internal links have good PR, those links can boost the PR of the main page.
stevejustine

Post by stevejustine »

Internal links are also relevant to SEO. Especially when the internal links have good PR, those links can boost the PR of the main page.
veronicaZora

Post by veronicaZora »

Yes, Inter linking to homepage does matter according to me. Specifically when the internal links have good PR, those links can boost the PR of the main page.