Meta Tag spam is one of the unethical SEO tactics employed by some internet marketing companies. They are HTML content search engine spiders use to quickly create a reference and figure out the relevancy between the tags and the contents of your webpage. Certain companies engage in Meta tags "keyword" element with a long list of common repeated search phrases. They also repeat the same in "description" element of the Meta tags. They also engage in hidden texts and doorways to attract search engine's attention, influence and manipulate the same and get a better ranking which they don't certainly deserve. As a result they get more business out of their website at the cost of other genuine websites.
Tags: Meta tag Stracking
- What is "No ODP" Meta tag?
- Do meta description/keywords tag help in search engine rankings?
- Should I add a "robots follow" Meta tag to my pages?
- How can Meta tags help me?
- Is robots meta tag needed for frequent and effecting crawling?
You cannot comment on this entry