Links in signature

Basics of search engine optimization,what is the need of SEO,their advantages in marketing and more

Moderators: ushakumarik, DeviSri

Valmon

Links in signature

Post by Valmon »

I visit a lot of Mustang Forums and I prefer to have my web sites link displayed on my signature.

I was wondering if there are any negative aspects to that. I am doing it for two reasons.

#1 - to get visitors to my new site.
#2 - to get links from well trusted sites.

Please let me know what you think.
Last edited by Valmon on Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ultranet

Post by ultranet »

Hello

That is good thinking. the one bringing ppl in ur sites. Dont give even a hint that you are spamming. Be true, simple and affective approach. Make lots of backlinks. This will eventually increase ur PR and good business too
linkbuilder

Post by linkbuilder »

It would be better if the forums you visit are related to your site.

For example, if your site is about mustangs, then thats fine for building lots of great one way text links.

However if your site is about breast augmentation, as your current sig suggests then it probably isn't the best place, unless there are breast related forum topics in the forums (which being gearhead type forums there very well could be :) ).

In any case, it's my belief that a large number of these types of links will be effective in the long run for a variety of reasons.

Sometimes it's just easier to make posts in 100 forums than it is to find and build a few good quality links, don't you agree?
siteadmin
Site Admin

Post by siteadmin »

From what we have researched google dont give credit anymore to forum signature links. There are many other great ways to build links. Find some good ways to build links instead of looking like a spammer in forums.