Cricket-Ponting ruled out of Twenty20 clash with back injury

Enjoy with games, sports news for fun!!

Moderators: ushakumarik, DeviSri

caroline

Cricket-Ponting ruled out of Twenty20 clash with back injury

Post by caroline »

MELBOURNE, Feb 1 (Reuters) - Australia captain Ricky Ponting has been ruled out of Friday's Twenty20 clash against India with a back injury, Australia coach Tim Nielsen said.

Batsman Michael Clarke, who deputized for Ponting in a Twenty20 match against New Zealand last year, will lead the side at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

Ponting was troubled by pain and stiffness in the lower back during the fourth test against India in Adelaide this week.

"He pulled up pretty sore this morning," Nielsen told reporters on Friday. "His back is just not 100 percent.

"With the uncertain nature of Twenty20 cricket and the frantic nature of it we're just a bit concerned that if he has to dive in the first over if we're fielding and pulls up very sore it could leave us one short."

Brad Hodge will bat at number three for Australia with batsman David Hussey set to make his debut
Nickysemilo

Post by Nickysemilo »

I hate Australia team..!!
niran_amarnath

Post by niran_amarnath »

You shouldn't blame the Australian team alone, even Indian players used filthy words.
Luke

Hi ..... Buddy.....

Post by Luke »

I Really Hate Australian Players .......B'coz The Bowlers Not Genuine In the Field ....They Bowl Well.....But They Make The Batsman's......Anger....By Telling filthy words and glance for every ball.......And they think they are best in the world.....Not Like That.......Only India Is The Greatest Team in the World For Ever..............
MALINI PRIYA

I LIKE Indian team Alone ..!!

Post by MALINI PRIYA »

I LIKE Indian team Alone ..!!
Robert Davidson

Post by Robert Davidson »

Hi,
Niran

Don u feel shame on yourself... How you can blame Indian players ah.. Always 1st step is be taken by Aussie not by Indian.. They use filthy words to start fight and then Indian players starts... For Example (If i used abuse words for you then you wont say me anything kya)..

Hello boss always think from the both the end k ...
caanjek

Post by caanjek »

Cricketer Michael Clarke who is in New Zea land Twenty20 game Ponting last year agents will result in one side of the Melbourne Cricket Ground. Ponting in the fourth test against India this week trouble in Adelaide back pain and stiffness.