The Great Captaincy of Indian Cricket in the Short Duration.

Enjoy with games, sports news for fun!!

Moderators: ushakumarik, DeviSri

Robert

The Great Captaincy of Indian Cricket in the Short Duration.

Post by Robert »

'If there's commitment, that's victory for me'

Six months into his stint as India's captain in the shorter forms, Mahendra Singh Dhoni can afford to look back in satisfaction. Two of India's most momentous wins in recent times - in the World Twenty20 and the CB Series - have come on his watch. Along the way, he has nurtured a young side he is justifiably proud of. It's about the spirit in the dressing room” I’ve got a successful team who want go out there, who want to enjoy cricket, who want to give more than 100%."

If you are from a smaller place where the cricket infrastructure is not good, you have to struggle a lot. You don't get good practice facilities, you don't play too many games on turf wickets, and even to get into your home side you have to struggle a lot. All of these things do have an impact on the guy's playing style or the way he thinks of cricket. He is very clear about one thing: if he performs, only then is he going to stay there If you have a guy who is able to talk to the opposition and do well at the same time, I make it a point that he does it

If I score a hundred, of course I will enjoy it. But if your team-mates start enjoying your hundred that's when you know you are moving in the right direction

I don't study cricket too much. Whatever I have learned or experienced is through cricket I've played on the field

'You need to support your players. That I will always do, whatever happens'
Robert Davidson

Post by Robert Davidson »

Hi Robert,
Very good post but you can't say that Dhoni is Best. Still lot more to come....
Nickysemilo

Post by Nickysemilo »

I would go with Robert,... Dhoni is the best...!!!! he rocks...!!!
Robert Davidson

Post by Robert Davidson »

This is just an start for dhoni, Still lots of move has to come and that time we can decide that he is best or not. I ill never agree with dhoni. Still only successful captain has come up Indian team but unfortunately he is not in team thats Ganguly... No one can replace him...