Shoaib banned for five years

Enjoy with games, sports news for fun!!

Moderators: ushakumarik, DeviSri

Robert

Shoaib banned for five years

Post by Robert »

Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar, 32, has been banned for five years by a disciplinary committee of the PCB for violating the players' code of conduct. The ban extends to cricket for and in Pakistan but will leave him free to play in the Indian Premier League (IPL), which begins later this month.
Nickysemilo

Post by Nickysemilo »

he he he..... thanks for the update :)
Robert Davidson

Post by Robert Davidson »

Shahrukh Khan has to suffer now as Rawalpindi Express is out of IPL. He was going to play for Kolkatta Knight Rider's but now he is banned for IPL also.

Shoaib Akhtar probably tried to gain sympathy by claiming he’d turned down offers from bookies in India and South Africa, to under-perform, but that India bit appears to have hurt him hard. For, some 24 hours after the multi-million-dollar Indian Premier League (IPL) confirmed that he wouldn’t be barred from turning out for the Shah Rukh Khan-owned Kolkata Knight Riders, it did a U-turn. The bottomline now is that the temperamental Pakistani can’t play in the IPL as long as he remains a banned cricketer. Shoaib will appeal against the five-year ban slapped by the disciplinary committee of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), but the Knight Riders look set to seek a replacement.

“He plans to appeal, yes, but what if it takes time for the process to be completed? Moreover, what if the ban isn’t revoked? From the team’s perspective, we’ve got to have a back-up,” remarked somebody closely associated with the Knight Riders.

Shah Rukh Khan, who owns Knight Riders, said he would request “Lalit Modi to reconsider the decision” on Shoaib Akhtar. He said the charges against the fast bowler were not so serious that his presence could create a negative impression in the minds of young cricketers. “It is a ban related to his behavior and I hope things get sorted out in our favour,” Shah Rukh said. “Shoaib is a great player and I would like to have him back. I don’t know why he cannot play. I want him in the team as he is very important for Kolkata Knight Riders. “I know I am allowed to take another player but I want Shoaib back,” he added.

Anyhow bad news for for bad man (Shahrukh khan). God help him out. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
siteadmin
Site Admin

Post by siteadmin »

Banned players shouldn't be allowed for IPL. IPL itself is for showoff and as shah Rukh said if the Rawalpindi express plays it's not a good example for young cricketers. ALso he wont be star anymore since he cannot play international cricket for a long time