Yahoo SEO Tip

Get the yahoos way of optimizing sites,their algorithms which is a powerful engine.

Moderators: ushakumarik, DeviSri

werror

Yahoo SEO Tip

Post by werror »

Alright since I haven't seen any one most any tips yet as to optimizing for the new Yahoo. (I hope yall are studying it) I decided I would sneak in a some observations.

I found that Yahoo places more emphasis on keywords in the domain or keyword in the page name, than Inktomi. I counted the sites in the top 20 that contained hypened domains or urls with keywords in the listings. Here are the results
online credit report
Yahoo - 11 Inktomi - 7
life insurance quote
Yahoo - 9 Inktomi - 8

Now while a lot of people already do this for Google, its now apparent that Yahoo is not as adept as Inktomi, and more or less more not as thorough in wading out spam. For example the life insurance quote search made me sick how accurate this was. But kudos to those tops sites. So PUT KEYWORDS IN YOUR DOMAIN FOR YAHOO.
Ranggamati

Post by Ranggamati »

How are you? I would like to Thanks for the informative post. I really appreciate it. I hope that I can get more benefit from this message.

Thanks
abiaabida

Post by abiaabida »

Hi Buddy!!!

Thanks many to explain about Yahoo optimization tips.. meet again.
lahmanwokard

Post by lahmanwokard »

Hi
I just finished a detailed outline for one of my search engine optimization clients that I want to let you in on. I can’t publish the whole thing, but there are a couple areas that I think bloggers and site owners should know regarding SEO where Yahoo is concerned. Also, please keep in mind that this is not a total SEO critique, just some points to consider.
Tips for Search Engine Optimization in Yahoo:
* Content is key in Yahoo, not links - They do consider links and other factors, but the you have keywords in content.
* Keyword Density follows a different scale - Google likes 2-3% density while Yahoo likes 7-8%. BUT Yahoo looks at synonyms and inflections of the keyword when considering keyword density. Something Google does not do.
* If you optimize for Yahoo’s 7-8%, then you satisfy Google’s requirement with 4 different words or phrases.
* Yahoo still likes keyword and description meta tags.
* Regular, updated content.
* Submit a Yahoo sitemap
kritidmax

Post by kritidmax »

Hi Buddy!!!

Thanks many for your tips...meet again.
jaikanth123

Post by jaikanth123 »

ON PAGE ELEMENTS
Meta-Tags

Optimising for Yahoo follows the standard Content SEO guidelines, especially keyword URL's, with some signficant additional developments for those primarily used to optimising for Google.

The biggest development is that on the Yahoo! help page it strongly suggests that meta-tags will play a specific role for ranking purposes:

1. Use a "description" meta-tag and write your description accurately and carefully. After the title, the description is the most important draw for users. Make sure the document title and description attract the interest of the user but also fit the content on your site.
2. Use a "keyword" meta-tag to list key words for the document. Use a distinct list of keywords that relate to the specific page on your site instead of using one broad set of keywords for every page.

In fact, it becomes more blatant later on:

1. Yahoo! Search ranks results according to their relevance to a particular query by analyzing the web page text, title and description accuracy as well as its source, associated links, and other unique document characteristics.

How to optimise Description Tags

That means that as well as ensuring proper use of titles, h tags, and body copy, you should ensure you use proper cross referencing of meta-tag keywords with these vary page elements.

The first rule of description tags is to ensure that it reads well - Inktomi is traditionally pretty good at recognising the difference between good grammar usage for humans, and blatant keyword stuffing for spiders. Keep this well in mind.

Also, you should ensure that you make sure that not only does the description reflect the intent of the page, but you should also ensure you use keywords on the page copy. Don't try stuffing in related keywords - if it's not on the page, there's no real benefit.

Also, try to repeat some element - in whole or part - of your title and tags. This helps make your page even more relevant for the search term(s) you are specifically targeting.

OFF PAGE ELEMENTS
Anchor text

Yahoo! is placing particular emphasis on anchor text and IBL's (In Bound Links). However, unlike Google, Yahoo! seems less discriminating than Google against anchor text use on the pages that Yahoo-Slurp/Inktomi crawls.

However, do be warned that Inktomi has a reputation for sniffing out doorway pages, with some of the most respectable autogenerated content filters in the industry. So don't put too much faith in this tactic bringing significant results.
Dynamic links

Inktomi has a reputation for not being keen on dynamic pages, and it seems apparent - for now at least - that Yahoo! shares similar tastes. Therefore use static pages for your key links where you can. If that's too difficult then at least consider using a sitemap of some kind - even just a "quick links" section - to help direct spiders from static pages to key dynamic pages, as some will likely be indexed.

Of course, if you feel confident implementing it, then you can always implement a Mod_Rewrite solution. However, this isn't for the faint of heart and you should be very careful to ensure that either yourself - or whoever is implementing it for you - knows exactly what they are doing. Do note that this is not an entirely server side solution, as the software generating the dynamic pages will almost certainly require some modification of the code.
cadeohardy

Post by cadeohardy »

Content is key in Yahoo, not links. They do consider links and other factors, but they love keywords in content. Including meta tags in posts will help Yahoo search ranking as well.
peterjoy

Post by peterjoy »

These all tips which you can share is really great. Some of them which i like the most such as If you optimize for Yahoo’s 7-8%, then you satisfy Google’s requirement with 4 different words or phrases, Yahoo still likes keyword and description meta tags, Regular, updated content, Submit a Yahoo site map and so on are great.
boomsticks53

Post by boomsticks53 »

Thanks for the information. For the beginners they are rather good and can help them.keep it up :D
takeonepicture

Post by takeonepicture »

Thanks for sharing the info.
greamelexon

Post by greamelexon »

These tips all you can sharing is really great. Some of them I like most about these if you optimize Yahoo 7.8%, then you qualify for Google to 4 words or phrases, Yahoo still as keywords and description meta tag, the normal content update Suggest a Site Map Yahoo and so on are excellent.
jamesrose

Post by jamesrose »

Yahoo has a lot of search engine optimization tips. Here are some techniques available.
1. Avoid buying domain to dash
2. Related links started to get high authority pages and directories, as soon as possible sites for new and old
3. Standard-page SEO is not enough
stevenmark42

Post by stevenmark42 »

Optimising for Yahoo complies the banner Content SEO guidelines, particularly keyword URL's, with some significant extra developments for those mainly applied to optimising for Google.
stevenmark42

Post by stevenmark42 »

I found that Yahoo places more stress on keywords in the domain or keyword in the page name, than Inktomi. I considered the sites in the top 20 that contained hypened domains or urls with keywords in the listings.
kiruthika

Post by kiruthika »

On Page Optimization Activities

* Keyword Research & Analysis
* Competition Analysis
* Content Optimization
* Internal Linking structure Changes
* URL Structure Changes
* Site-map updating / creation
* Keyword URL Mapping