In general, companies give a lot of thought to their branding; they lavish great sums on ads; create stunning websites and much more. But they fall short when it comes to everyday writing which also includes press releases, contracts, and marketing collateral. There comes in a lot of specific strategies to tag along with regards to branding. But do you know that copywriting plays a crucial role? Yes! Good branding and copywriting go hand in hand, as a result, it is imperative for brands to protect them.
Good copywriting is the key to brand authority
If you want to build your brand authority then you should focus on good copywriting. When I say good copywriting, I not only mean good grammar, punctuation, and spelling, but I also mean persuading the reader and making them hooked up to you (the brand). Effective business writing should strike a call to action, predominantly, it often comes at the end of it, but a legible business copy should have a coherent string running in the course of it that convinces the reader as it goes. That being said, together with the aforesaid things, uniqueness is what sets a brand apart from the competition, so along with good copywriting the individuality should be added.
How to nail down?
A single word can make a world of difference, so it is vital to be accurate. A highly-skilled wordsmith is what you need to nail down. Let’s have a look at some of the factors that you need to consider.
- Consistent tone of voice
- Strike emotional triggers
- Let it be conversational
- Easy and precise
Writing greatness isn’t achieved overnight, but it is best achieved with time so, make and take the time, don’t be in a rush to write great content, if you do so, then you will compromise on your working standards. To nail down a good branding with your copy, you need to know things in detail. On a more practical standpoint, good writing can increase sales, so don’t neglect the importance of good copywriting for your brand considering other factors. Pay attention to it and protect, foster and persuade your copywriters to have a better, stronger and more credible branding.
The ability to pin down the right words precisely about a company’s brand is no easy things, and it’s harder that you could imagine. Right from your core messaging to your content initiatives, a quality copywriting is indispensable to how your trademark is perceived. So, don’t settle for less when it comes to business writing. Get some inspiration by having a look at some of the top companies that you think have a stellar brand authority and then make your very own brand popular.
How to boost your brand with good copywriting?
The brilliance of a brand is best communicated by a wordsmith because they know how to put it across the right way that gets attention. Being known is far less important than what you are known for; similarly, talking in terms of business, the enterprise must be known for its reputation (brand reputation) which is essential to its survival. It is more important than anything else; with the advent of technology where social networking and other online tools are prevalent, businesses need to be wide awake of their reputation online together with building their brand. This piece of writing will give ideas on how to boost your brand with good copywriting while also building a sound online reputation.
- Be authentic– make sure that your social media participation is useful. If your conversations and content sound like corporate oratory or a promotional brochure, they are not going to work out. Know your target audience and be real instead. By this means you can make your brand more promising.
- Reciprocate: when people reach out to you and share your content, appreciate and reciprocate. For example, leave comments on other their blogs; share content on Twitter and Facebook, and more.
Building a strong online presence:
- Take control: By means of claiming profiles on social media and other review sites present, you take back possession of what people are saying about your business online.
- Create a strong online presence: By creating a presence and engaging dynamically with customers on social networks, you will build up a positive presence that will inflate your business influence across the internet.
- Grow Your Fans: Generate constructive response on rating and review sites; this will make the customers feel positive when they choose your business.
- Be accessible and responsive: An imperative element of building your online reputation through social media participation is not about understanding yourself. Instead, you need to spend a great deal of time recognizing other people on the social Web to make a relationship with them. Simply said, you need to act in response to questions, comments on your blog, tweets, and so on.
An insight into effective writing for mobile-friendly websites
Websites have become mobile-friendly, so should content!
Copywriting is a big and essential part of the mobile experience; it goes without saying. Brands that tries to convey their message in an effective way on smaller devices outclasses and survives well than that doesn’t. This piece of writing will throw light on how to optimize mobile copywriting for a superior UX, now travel with me to know how to best achieve it.
The user context:
An effective mobile copy, apart from considering the user’s exposure towards the brand or company and who the person is, it should also take into account the user context, meaning certain key elements like:
- Where they are
- What device they are using and
- Their state of mind.
In simple, it should consider the factors of user context and never be stripped back for information. There is no point in updating a content that clutters the page which also impedes the user journey, so consider cutting copies that get in the way of aiding the user journey. A crisp and compelling copy can help to neutralize a limited word count and users with a shorter attention span.
Support usability over tone:
While engaging users is considered as essential, the usability factor is also as important as engaging them. Clear, crisp, and concise is how your content should be, however, this best match to mobile-friendly websites. Simply said, maximum information with minimum words is what works, when it comes to mobile-friendly content. This type of approach is said to have a great impact and a website that merge a strong tone with summarizing calls-to-action is inclined to be the most effective.
Mull over on the journey of the user:
Reduce all factors that are said to have an unfavorable effect on conversion rates. An effective copy should also focus on the physical or emotional context of the user. This will have a great impact on the online journey of theirs. So, you should mull over on the journey of the user. It takes into account including relevant links and prompts for navigation. Additionally, it also means making sure that the copy is consistent all through, even with things like error messages. That being said, this type of copy which includes the error messages can be left to designers who will be more apt to use language or phrases that are unusual or jarring.
Follow the rule of golden triangle:
In view of the fact that, users focus on the top left hand of the screen when they are reading on desktop, on the other hand, when it comes to Smartphone’s, they will focus on more on the screen itself and take that into consideration, this is due to the immediate and short scrolling action required on Smartphone’s. It is generally suggested that placing the most significant information at the top or center of the screen helps cut down bounce rate and ensures the user’s attention is maintained.
A good writer should model, structure and create information while encircling some specific elements like building information architectures, determining content requirements and finding ways to connect and relate to the content.
Copywriting- how to get into that writing greatness
Striving for greatness in writing? It is best achieved through constant reading and writing. Now spend some time and travel with me for some handy tips on how to achieve that web writing greatness.
Clear, concise, and crisp is how your content should be. With that said, there are several other things that get added to this list which is discussed below.
- Psychological triggers: In copywriting, psychological trick plays a significant role. As a copywriter, you should master the art of persuasion and this will ultimately result in more sales, provided that all other aspects are covered along with an effective content. These things will ensure that you are earning the trust of your target audience while also convincing them to buy more or buy again. Above all, an effective sales copy will keep your customers interested in what you have to say.
- Time: Your journey to greatness in writing is best achieved with time so, make and take the time to write great content. Follow the structure and format. Writing style differ from person to person, so does structure and format, but copywriting experts suggest that you start off with the introductory paragraph and get into the body of the content such that you can focus on where the article is headed to. Having said that, don’t expect to write a great article at one stretch, give it some time, meanwhile, you can research more and find information that makes your content more interesting. Take a couple of hours or a day or even a week, this helps to see things from a better perspective.
- Don’t sacrifice on clarity: A brilliant copy shouldn’t be stopped at the homepage; it should be present in the entire website. Whether it is web content, a sales copy, or email campaign, no matter what you are writing, never compromise on clarity. Always stick to the three C’s which is already mentioned in this article (clear, concise and crisp).
- Consider other add-ons: A great writing coupled with visually-interesting examples is what works out in the long run. Without getting lost or overcomplicated, you should work on other add-ons that will make your content more interesting.
Incorporate the aforesaid strategies to achieve web writing greatness and captivate your audience. Finally channel and direct it right, in order to get the desired results.
Your guide to effective SEO copywriting with LSI
SEO copywriting, when done in the way it is intended to be, it is said to get valuable web traffic for your website without having to spend thousands of dollars on paid advertising. Though there are several prevailing forces for an effective content, two things matter a lot, one is high-quality content and another one is engaging content. While visual elements like rich media, GIF, and infographics have already made its way to make your website/blog more interesting, taglines or the catchy phrases used to describe them also matters. Is it all about ranking and traffic? Yes, but it is also about engaging your readers, building authority, connecting with them, selling product/service. When you get right down to it, what is the point of receiving prospects to pages that do not serve a purpose?
As a good SEO copywriter, you should be able to able to please the readers as well as the search engines. Here’s a compilation of some important guide to effective SEO copywriting, all of which are based on real-time experience.
- Compelling headlines: you will have to set the tone for your content which is best done through a headline that is irresistible. It must be ingenious- absolutely. A compelling headline, apart from making an outstanding first impression, it gets your article read, but make sure that you throw some effective SEO strategies to it like keyword centric title, highlighting features or offers as such.
- Precise and crisp: be short and snappy with your content and always remember that crispy content grabs attention! There is no denying the fact that shorter blog posts do better than longer or very chunky blocks of text. Let not your readers feel intimidated neither bored. Make sure that your content is precise and crisp. Connect with them and let your content make the readers more engaging.
- Latent Semantic Index (LSI): In search engine optimization, LSI is becoming an important factor and it has already reached the rate of knots to where it is now. Basically, it maps out the relationships between words to decode the meaning of the text. Though the algorithms used to position web pages cannot “think” like humans, they can match up to the words used in a specific file down with classifying the structure of that particular document. Seasoned writers, instead of focusing on keyword density, concentrate on LSI and make use of related keywords, synonyms, and grammatical variations. By this means, they will not only scale up the chances of ranking in the Search engine result pages, but it also helps prevent redundancy in your copy.
- Spice-up your words: The hallmark of great writing depends on the words you make use of. Have you ever wondered how some content developers have a weird ability to connect you emotionally with their content? It is with the power of words they do that and as a matter of fact, it is the proof of mastery of the craft. Taking the reader on an emotional roller coaster ride is what that makes them feel connected. The power of certain words is said to go far and beyond that.
Incorporate the aforesaid strategies into your SEO copywriting and leverage influence and psychology to perk up organic rankings and captivate your audience.
Audience engagement is vital when it comes to copy writing. You need to keep the audience hooked up to your content from the start. First few contents are vital to keep them engaged.
A story demonstration is important towards the start of the contents. It helps audience keep reading your contents. Audience like to hear your experiences. To keep them hear your experience show them suitable case studies, testimonials etc.
Make your article interactive. Put some interesting facts. Audience like fascinating contents. They like to read exciting stuff. Give contradictory statements in your own article. Contradictions gain attention.
SEO Copywriting Techniques
Search engines ranks a site, if it has a compelling and convincing content which makes the user to stay long. In that case, you have to create a unique article which helps the user with his search query. You need to craft your content such that it has to get promoted and gain external links from other users. This will help your page to rank better in search engine results page.
Modern SEO website copywriting has improved a lot and some ethical hacks have to be employed in copywriting procedures. Just have a look at these 10 SEO copywriting tips which boost up your ranking in search engine pages.
Add LSI Keywords while copywriting for SEO
Latent Semantic Indexing keywords, in other words, relevant or synonyms of your focused keyword has to be added throughout your article. To find LSI keyword, you need to just type in the main keyword in search engine and note down the keywords which are highlighted in the results page.
In the above example, the main keyword is “retrieve files” and LSI keywords are recover, file etc.
Know your target audience!!
Your copywriting content may look similar to others as content marketing industry has grown beyond our imagination. So, in order to stand out from crowd, you have to do intensive research about your targeted audience on 4 W’s Who? Where? What? Why?
• First, you should know who your clients are.
• Next important thing is demographical audience analysis which involves a research of age, gender, culture, ethnicity, race, religion, and educational level of your customers. This information is essential to build a strong SEO strategy and it also helps to create an appropriate content.
• Your article must meet the audience expectation and what actually they need.
• You have to convince them why they have to go for your product or services.
Create visual content to increase traffic!!!
More than a written text, images speaks in a way which is well understood by a reader. Instead of writing the elaborated seo content, add some images which are relevant to your topic. This increases the visibility and reduces the bounce rate.
The keyword which has been highly searched by users should be your first priority. A proper Keyword research should be done before writing the content. Watch out for the keyword density in your article which is an important ranking factor.
Write Fabulous Titles, Headings and Descriptions!!!
Your article’s title, headings, subheadings and description must have the keyword which drives more traffic. The variation of keyword has to be taken and their presence in the content makes the page to rank higher
Optimize your copywriting content to generate high Conversion rate!!!
Make sure that your article has Call to action option. SEO copywriting content has to drive high conversion rate and make a visitor to buyer. You need to assess the exact reason where you lose the traffic and add some elements like testimonials and social proof to overcome it.
Give a clear vision to your reader!!!
Tell the user about the advantages of using your products. Instead of describing the features, your article must give a crystal clear idea of the benefits that the user will get while using your products or services.
No matter what you write in the body, your content will be judged by your headlines and subheadings. Choose simple and straightforward heading which grabs the attention of the users easily. Don’t forget to include your keywords in those headlines and subheadings since they drive traffic to your page and make it easier to get ranked in search engines.
Advantages of using active voice!!!
Instead of telling, “many firms have benefited from our SEO services”, use active voice sentence like “We have helped many firms that has befitted from our SEO services”. This kind of tone is considered to be more friendly and pleasant to a user.
Try to avoid long paragraphs!!!
Nobody likes to read a lengthy paragraph; user easily gets tired of reading long paragraphs, so avoid it at any cost. Instead, add some special attributes like bucket brigades, subheadings etc. and truncate the unnecessary content. This leads to enhanced visualization of your content and also reduces the bounce rate.
When we talk about copywriting, one can hardly count all styles of copywriting. The reason is that they exist in a plenty and it’s indeed a tough task to count them all in a single go. Though these copywriting styles stand on the same fundamentals, but there is a slightly different process in every writing type, depending on the purpose it is meant to fulfill.
One such persuasive form of writing which is trending these days is social media copywriting. As the brands have been trying to get their potential users from these channels, they can hardly imagine their campaign’s success without this sort of writing. In here, you will come to know the powerful social media copywriting secrets that distinct it other forms of writing that you may not have figured out before.
- It’s All About Brevity:
Social media writing revolves around brevity, since the posts are usually very short and to-the-point. These posts are read by millions of people who come across looking for the information of their interest. Interestingly, the number of users who want to stay updated to certain information prefers to read a brief social media posts and the longer ones are usually ignored as they fail to grab the attention of the readers. So, it makes the copywriting a bit different from other writing types and only an expert copywriter in this niche can well serve your purpose.
- Concise & Catchy Posts Are The Way To Go:
Since the social media posts are written in concise, they need to use powerful words to grab more eyeballs on the social channels. Eye catchy titles with pixel-perfect images are the keys to stand out your posts in the online sphere. If blended with the creative videos, your posts could go viral – giving your brand a reach that you have always wished for! These are the elements of the success of your online social media posts that should be wisely used to get the online reach.
- User Need Is The Secret Recipe For Success:
No matter how eye-catchy titles and extravagant words you use in your posts or how briefly you have written them, the users won’t come back again to your future posts if they don’t find your posts useful. If you wish to win the trust of your readers, relevancy is the key. A social media copywriter has to understand the needs of the users and deliver the same through his posts. The success is the obvious by-product of it.
Lastly, though your sole aim is to turn your readers into your customers, but still, you will have to stay neutral while conveying your brand’s messages through social media posts. People tend to ignore direct advertisements and for this reason, it would be better to present the information in your social posts as a solution to their existing problems. It would help gain users’ confidence and lay a healthy foundation for a long term relationship. This is when you will unleash the full potential of your social media copywriting.
Have you got a business website which is craving for the engaging content? Are you thinking to create it on your own instead of outsourcing it to the copywriting companies? Stop for a while and give your idea a second thought. Ask yourself if you would really be able to create something compelling that can convince your customers. While writing is not new to most of the people but when it is about presenting the content in a professional way, then the copywriting services take the leap.Are you still not convinced yet? Then, let’s just take a few real life examples. Whenever you get sick, you run for the doctor, right? Whenever your computer gets seriously crashed, you let the PC repair expert fix it. Similarly, you need an SEO copywriting agency to write the brainstorming content for your website as they know what will work for you the best. Below are a few more good reasons to make you believe in the professional copywriting companies:
- Better Brand Positioning:
There is no doubt that some people have a knack for writing. But, when it is about developing professional copies for marketing materials such as catalogues, brochures, websites, etc., then, things become really challenging for an ordinary person. The complications go beyond the good grammar and spelling. This tough task needs a professional attention to properly position your product or service, so that it stands out and motivates your target users to take actions. A professional SEO copywriting company excels in these overwhelming content-development tasks.
- Saves Your Valuable Time:
The writing consumes a lot of time that you may not have. It is indeed a pain for some people to devote their time for writing from their tight schedules. Your time is valuable; you should rather spend it on interacting with your clients rather than putting it to the writing in a closed space. This is where a trusted website copywriting company can help you in freeing your time and perform something at which they are really good – Writing for your website pages.
- Supports the Design And Business Purpose:
A beautifully designed website with strong copywriting can work as a magic pill to increase online visits and have the potential to retain your customers. The eye-catching graphics don’t mean a thing if they are lacking useful content. A powerful website copywriting invites your audiences to begin reading in which they are interested. Furthermore, the Compelling content doesn’t let them slip away from your website which influences their purchasing behaviour. But, only a skilled copywriting service can play that magic of words which supports your design and eventually, your business success.
In today’s cut throat competition, you can’t afford to take a chance by compromising and living with poorly written content. Let the copywriting services aid you in developing the content that can target your audience in a right manner and can optimise your success. Never lose to your competition just because you don’t have the well-explained description of your product or service. If you don’t hire a copywriting company, your rivals will, so it is not worth waiting and missing out profits. Contact a professional SEO copywriting agency today!
Your content desires fulfil only at Search Engine Genie! We are a premium digital marketing agency with highly skilled professional copywriters in our team. Let our qualified writers spell that magic of content with the words. Contact us today for your content requirements!
Remaining unique on online is quite a challenging task as content and other branding elements gets duplicated on a larger scale. This in-turn affects the marketing campaign leaving the buyers a way far from your product. To prove the excellence of your brand it is vital to create distinguishing copywriting content that define only your protocols and features for your product. Eliminating plagiarism is thus inevitable to keep your site fresh and appealing which gives constructive impact for making your campaign successful. On the other hand you can make sure you don’t fall to SEO penalties. Make use of the following tools to check the plagiarism status of your site content.
Copyscape – The tool is widely used by many business organizations, search engine companies and copywriting agencies. The version of the tool can be downloaded for free which allows users to check both the duplicity of the site and the content. On entering the site URL the status of your site content can be checked, on the other hand it is also possible to check the status by copying and pasting the content.
Article checker – The tool checks the plagiarism of text. The checker goes much useful to article writers who post regularly on online. Copy a portion of the text and check its status on major search engines like Google and Yahoo.
Grammarly – The tool performs both the detection of content duplicity as well as the correction of grammatical errors within your online content. The checker has in-build hundreds of protocols to perform this functionality.
Duplichecker – The type of checker allows users to check the plagiarism for the entire file. The file having a .doc or .txt extension has to be uploaded for tracking the status.
Siteliner– The type of checker allows users to check the plagiarism for the site content. On entering the site URL the status of your site content can be checked.