SEO can be a desire or a need for most business owners. Even though most of the information are written on the subject, there is a lot of conflicting data.
In an easy-to-understand video: “How Search Works,” Google quality engineer Matt Cutts explains how Google indexes pages and then delivers results when someone does a search. The main point Cutts makes is that Google asks more than 200 questions of each page and then delivers pages that are most relevant.
When trying to work out which pages to show for a particular search term, Google asks the following questions:
• Do the search words appear in the title?
• Do the search words appear in the URL (website address)?
• Does the page include similar keywords and key phrases related to the topic?
• Is the page on a quality website or a spammy website?
• What is the page’s “Page Rank”?
• How many pages link to this page?
Then Google analyzes answers to all the questions, then gives each page a score and presents the results it feels the visitor is looking for.
Over the years, Google’s algorithms, as well as those of other search engines, have changed. These are the basic priciples you should follow if you wish to rank your site high,
* You should include keywords in each page’s title, headings, description and meta keywords as well as in alt tags of your images.
* You should Provide quality, original content on the website.
* Update your website regularly with fresh information.
* Get as many relevant links
In search engine optimization you need to keep working at it. Dont try to trick the search engines,it is never a good idea.You may get even banned.
Your main priority should be finding the right keyword for your site.you could use the Google Adwords Keyword Suggestion Tool or Wordtracker tools for this. Each works differently, but both will give you an idea of the right keywords to use.
Moreover, Google and other search engines, such as Bing and Yahoo want to display content that is as relevant to their visitors as possible
Remember, when your customers searches for a product/service,only two things are possible:
1. They find your website.
2. They find your competitor’s website.
The more you do for your site, the more chances you have of your website ranking higher than your competitors.
You can certainly hire a SEO company to do the work for you .The best you can do is research your keywords, then add them to your website and build backlinks from other website to yours.