Penguin update is considered the biggest update ever done by Google. We recently launched a platform to check if your site is affected by penguin update. Penguin penalty checker is in no way accurate and only guess if your site is affected on not. It is not easy to write an algorithm that will check your site back link pattern to see if your site is affected. Only Google has this data. But we have come up with an indigenous way to guess the pattern of your affected site. For our tool to work and verify your current status post penguin update we need certain data from your log files. We need keyword input data from as old as 2 years. Only if you enter this data we will be able to give you a guesstimate whether your site is affected or not. We cannot give you guarantee on the solution to recover your site. You need to find a way to recover a site yourself. Our penguin update penalty checker analysis your keyword drop pattern to understand whether your site actually penalized or banned by the latest Penguin update.
This tool analyzes your keyword pattern during the previous penguin updates and deliver results to show whether your site is affected or not.
Our Penguin penalty / banned tool cannot be deemed accurate you need to check your Google analytics and webmaster tools for more accurate data. Our Penguin penalty analysis tool will help you get an idea whether you are affected or not.
If your site is affected my friend wrote an interesting quick checklist. if you did anyone of these make sure you clean up your stuff before finding ways to recover your site from the dreaded penguin update:
Penguin update 3.0 Checklist:
- Penguin update is mostly around back links pointing to your site. Do a full audit of your back links.
- Check webmaster tools manual action page for any spam complaint from Google.
- If you used a SEO company ask them for all the links they built for your website from the time your started working with them. Question them about their strategy on link building. 90% of SEO companies build links unnaturally so there is no question they would have build questionable links for you.
- Check for unnatural links in your back link profile. If you used a SEO company then most probably they did link building for you and some of them might be deemed unnatural links by Google.
- Check your back link profile for potential Spam links that might be built by your SEO company or someone whom you don't have control over.
- Compare your links with already ranking competitor sites to see if your site has qualified links.
- Stop doing link exchanges if you already doing so.
- Don't ignore even one bad link. If Google feels a particular link is influencing your rankings and it was built unnaturally they will take action. So never ignore any links when reviewing your back links.
- Stop all link buying if you are doing so, buying links include guest post, counter links, word-press theme links, non profit sponsor, featured links on high PR sites etc.
- Ask for expert advice on what links are causing problems. As a site owner it is easy to neglect some toxic links that could be hurting you. Yes you spent 100s of dollars getting those links but Google has changed and Penguin algorithm will always catch you.
- Negative SEO is pretty well taken care by Google in latest update. There is hardly any evidence your site might be sabotaged by third party link attack but it is always better to see if you have links from unknown spammy sources. If you have them it is better to request those sites to remove them.
- Social bookmarking links, article links are bad for your site if they are not coming from valuable resources. Check and remove them.
- Social media links can hurt too. If you do excessive social media promotion without proper social signals your site will be affected. Check your social media link sources for potential unnatural links.
- Check for links from scraper sites or sites using your blog feeds. They might actually harm you.
- Other problems like bad redirects from back link sources, site errors etc can also cause problems with penguin 3.0.